Warm weather and sunny skies are right around the corner. With our roots in Texas, a killer summer heat is all too familiar, so we’re always looking for new ways to keep cool on days spent in the sun. Lucky for us, cold brew is just that: cold! Though our brew can be enjoyed either hot or cold (whatever floats your inner tube) we’ve curated a list of a few fun ways to indulge in our cold brew while you work on your summer glow.
This one is a given. Keep the cooler close and fill it to the brim with cold brew coffees for a caffeine kick to maintain energy levels in the draining sun. Grab a few mason jars, add in some ice along with your favorite flavor of cold brew coffee, top it off with a paper straw and you’re ready to bask in the summer sun with an effortless poolside treat.
2. Mint Mojito Cold Brew
Nothing says summer like a refreshing beverage, and this mint-cold brew combo allows you to enjoy the best of both worlds in one drink! It’s made in two parts, starting with a scratch-made mint syrup.
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 bunch of mint leaves
An empty pod of vanilla beans
Milk/non-mylk to taste
1. Add water, sugar, mint leaves and empty pod of vanilla beans to a saucepan and heat over a medium setting.
2. Whisk for duration of heating until sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil. Strain out the mint leaves and pod, and store the syrup sealed in the fridge for about a week or so.
3. Heat 1 cup of Chameleon Cold-Brew Black Coffee Concentrate and add syrup along with milk/non-mylk to taste.
4. Top it off with some fresh mint leaves and voila!
3. Coconut Horchata Iced Coffee
Sometimes all you need is a coconut drink to transport you to days spent by the beach. A drink made popular by our neighbors across the border, this Latin treat is a sweet, cinnamon milk that we kicked up a notch by adding our cold brew. Check your local grocery store for pre-made coconut horchata. Add equal parts cold brew and coconut horchata to a glass, serve over ice, and you’ve served up summer in a cup.
4. Coffee Ice Cubes
Another easy hack to enjoy cold brew in the blazing sun is to turn your cold brew into ice cubes. It’s as simple as pouring your favorite flavor of cold brew (we recommend Chameleon Cold-Brew Vanilla Coffee Concentrate) into an ice tray and allowing the coffee to cool in the freezer overnight. Once the cold brew has frozen into cubes, add several cubes into a glass followed by a pour of your favorite milk or non-mylk. You can even opt for a mineral water like Topo Chico to create a spritzy, refreshing beverage!
5. Turbo-Charged Cold Brew Popsicles
When the summer sun just won’t let up, a frozen treat is the perfect way to stay cool. Our friends at the Today Show crafted a tasty recipe that combines peanut butter, chocolate, banana, and our cold brew! The finished result offers a kick of caffeine, along with a touch of protein to keep you energized during a day in the sun. Warning: you may have a tough time eating only one!
6. Caramel Ice Cream
We all scream for ice cream, so naturally a cold brew recipe for ice cream was a no-brainer. This chilled treat incorporates our Caramel Coffee Concentrate to please the senses and all the while keeping you cool in the summer heat!
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1⁄2 sweetened condensed milk
1⁄4 cup Chameleon Cold-Brew Caramel Concentrate (sold exclusively at Target™)
Creamer of choice
1. In a large mixing bowl using either a stand-mixer or an electric hand mixer, add all the ingredients.
2. Whip the heavy cream mixture on high-speed until stiff peaks form (to prevent splattering, start out at a slower speed and as the cream thickens, increase speed). Be careful not to over mix or “break” the whip cream mixture.
3. Pour half the whipped mixture into a freezer-safe container. Drizzle with some caramel syrup. Pour remaining half of mixture and top with another drizzle of caramel syrup. Cover and freeze for for about 4 – 5 hours (3−4 hours yields a “soft serve” ice cream, 5+ hours yields a more solid texture).
4. Top with caramel syrup when serving or add fresh fruit.
7. Cold Brew Coffee Float
A twist on the classic root beer float, this recipe combines the bold taste of cold brew with the smooth taste of ice cream for a dessert that leaves your belly begging for seconds. Simply fill a glass with ice, pour our Ready to Enjoy Mexican Coffee and top with a scoop of your favorite vanilla bean ice cream. The result is an irresistibly creamy treat, so expect your friends to try and sneak a bite!